Registering Online for Provident Fund - Complete Overview
Quick Enquiry - Get Call Back From Our Expert
All corporates and offices in the current scenario work on the basis of employee welfare, with employers trying hard to ensure their employees get the best care and benefits. An Employee Provident Fund (EPF) is an initiative provided to offer social security to employees of an organization that helps in strengthening employee-employer bonds. To get all these benefits, employers have to follow some guidelines as stated by the government.
Eligibility to make EPF registration
Before starting with the EPF process, registration of the company with more than 20 employees is mandatory. Smaller companies, which do not have the prescribed minimum strength, can voluntarily register themselves. Other companies with bigger workforce are expected to register themselves within a month of attaining the minimum strength, with penalties applicable for delays in registration.
Co-operative societies are expected to register if their employee strength goes up to 50 or more. Registered companies continue to follow the rules and regulations of the Act even when their total work strength is below the minimum specified number.
Information required for EPF registration online
An employer register either offline or online, but the online process is undoubtedly easier and less time taking. The registration form can be downloaded from the website of the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO).
Employers have to give following details to successfully register themselves.
- Name and address of the company
- Head office and branch details
- Mention date of incorporation/registration of the company
- Fill up details of employees – total employee strength
- The type of the business undertaken by the organization
- Legal details – This includes the legal status of a company
- Owner details, including designation and address of Directors and partners
- Particulars related to wage component of employees
- Details of the bank with which company has banking relationship
- PAN details
- Basic details of the employee (name, date of joining, salary, etc.)
- A form by the name “Proforma for Coverage” has to be filled with the above-mentioned details to complete the registration process. Apart from this, employers are expected to submit Form 5A with Annexure 1 to complete the formalities.
Documents Required for EPF Registration Online
- Copy of partnership deed if the company is a registered partnership firm
- A copy of the Certificate of incorporation for a Public or Private Limited Company.
- Societies should furnish a copy of their registration certificate
- Societies should furnish a copy of the rules and objects of the society
- All legal documents which might be required under the Income Tax Act
- PAN details of the company
- Public and Private Limited Companies need to submit a copy of memorandum and Articles of Association Partition deed
- Proof of incorporation – first sales invoice/ license issued by competent authorities
- Salary details of employees
- Balance sheet details
- Steps for online registration of EPF
- Be ready all the above-mentioned required documents
- Go to the E-Sewa portal - epfindia.gov.in - and read the instructions thoroughly
- Fill in the required details and submit the form online
- Enter the CAPTCHA code and click on the ‘Get Pin’ option
- Enter the secret Pin that was sent to you on your registered mobile phone or mail ID.
- Click on submit and download the PDF
- Save and take a print of the PDF, which needs to be submitted later at the EPF office